Administration, Finance and Governance
We provide high quality applied scientific services through:
- promotion of strategic and responsible stewardship of resources to achieve operational excellence
The Administration, Finance and Governance (AFG)Unit promotes strategic and responsible stewardship of resources (both human and financial) to achieve operational excellence. It aims at achieving operational efficiencies through assessment and continuous review of priorities, realignment of resources, and by adopting a lean strategy. It also ensures the well-being of IAS staff through the creation and deployment of professional development programmes aimed at enhancing staff skills and leadership.
The AFG Unit provides support serviced so that Institute staff and research students can focus on their Unit goals. The AFG performs these services as guided by the University Regulations and Policies.
- Integrated planning: Develop an integrated planning process whereby all planning and budget activities, throughout every level of the Institute, are effectively linked and coordinated, and are driven by the institution’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
- Human Resources – recruitment, training and development of staff of the institute
- Records Management and Retention
- Development of IAS annual budgets that represents IAS’s financial objectives
- Manage the projects portfolio, trading account, trust fund account and debtors
- Accurately and Timely Financial Data/Reports and Services
- Timely generation of invoices and payments of services
- Procurement and Assets Inventory
- Develop and implement cost saving initiatives and strategies in collaboration with IAS Unit managers.
- Document and share best/good accounting and finance practices with Institute staff.
- Ensure IAS staff adheres to the goals, objectives and lines of action of the IAS Strategic Plan
- Ensure IAS staff evince the Vision, Mission, Purpose and Values of IAS
- Ensure IAS staff demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, leadership, responsibility and accountability
- Ensure IAS decision makers adhere to responsible stewardship of resources to drive and achieve sustainable operational excellence.